Here is a little taste of your challenge:
- Find and refine requirements, discuss new features and collaborate with product managers and the UX team;
- Agree the technical implementation with involved component owners, platform architects and estimate the work effort;
- Implement, test and demonstrate new product features following agile best practices;
- Work on further usability or performance improvements, test automation and bug fixes.
Who are you?
There is no set route to become Software Engineer in TomTom Telematics. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Having a degree on computing or engineering or an equivalent practical qualification, plus 3 to 5 years of experience in software development.
- Passion for the fine arts of software engineering as e.g. design for quality and reuse, componentization, resilience and multi-threading, and at the same time you should be willing to get your hands dirty and dive deep into all any kind of problem that comes your way.
- Good level of English (written and spoken).
- Being a great communicator, analytic, goal-oriented and quality-focused.
- Have agile mindset and you like to work with other software engineers across our different locations.
- Enjoy to interact with other developers, component owners, UX engineers and system engineers.
- Experience in Java server-side development, including Spring, and SQL and noSQL data stores.
What can you expect?
- An adventure in software product development within a rapidly growing business unit of a globally renowned brand and various opportunities for your professional development.
- Being part of a team of expert developers and contribute in building and adapting technology for the TomTom Telematics Service Platform.
- No dress code. Just come as you are – we can’t wait to welcome you in our specious and luminous office
- Brilliant minds. Learn from your colleagues – pioneers and experts who are changing the world
- Different cultures. TomTom’ers come from all over the world, with 55 nationalities and counting
Let’s not forget the good stuff:
- Competitive base salary
- Private health insurance (including children and partners)
- Pension Plan
- Lunch Vouchers + free coffee and fruit at the office
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures.
Who are we?
TomTom Telematics is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, TomTom Telematics provides services for the insurance, rental and leasing industries, car importers and companies that address the needs of businesses as well as consumers.
As of 1st of April 2019, TomTom Telematics has become a part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company. Bridgestone operates in 38 countries across the EMEA region, with some of Europe’s most advanced factories, world-beating technology and leading R&D investments.
For further information, please visit telematics.tomtom.com
Want to join us?
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English.
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.