Where do you want to be…in a year, in 5 years?
What if you had the opportunity to achieve more in less time then you could ever imagine?
At TomTom Telematics, you can.
Here is a little taste of your challenge:
- Find and refine requirements, discuss new features and collaborate with product managers and the UX team;
- Agree the technical implementation with involved component owners, platform architects and estimate the work effort;
- Implement, test and demonstrate new product features following agile best practices;
- Work on further usability or performance improvements, test automation and bug fixes.
Who are you?
- You have a graduate degree on computing or engineering or an equivalent practical qualification, and you have 3 to 5 years of experience in software development.
- You need to be passionate about the fine arts of software engineering as e.g. design for quality and reuse, componentization, resilience and multi-threading, and at the same time you should be willing to get your hands dirty and dive deep into all any kind of problem that comes your way.
- You have a good level of English (written and spoken).
- You are a great communicator, analytic, goal-oriented and quality-focused.
- You have an agile mindset and you like to work with other software engineers across our different locations.
- You enjoy interacting with other developers, component owners, UX engineers and system engineers.
- You have experience in Java server-side development, including Spring, and SQL and noSQL data stores.
What you can expect:
- An adventure in software product development within a rapidly growing business unit of a globally renowned brand and various opportunities for your professional development.
- Being part of a team of expert developers and contribute in building and adapting technology for the TomTom Telematics Service Platform.
Let’s not forget the good stuff:
- Competitive base salary with a generous commission scheme
- Private health insurance (including children and partners)
- Pension Plan (after 6 months contract)
- Lunch Vouchers
- 50% discount on purchase of TomTom products;
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures.
About TomTom Telematics:
TomTom Telematics is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, TomTom Telematics provides services for the insurance, rental and leasing industries, car importers and companies that address the needs of businesses as well as consumers.
TomTom Telematics has over 50,000 customers worldwide and services drivers in more than 60 countries, giving them the industry’s strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third-party applications and integrations. Our customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2018.
As of 1st of April 2019, TomTom Telematics has become a part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company. Bridgestone operates in 38 countries across the EMEA region, with some of Europe’s most advanced factories, world-beating technology and leading R&D investments.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on https://telematics.tomtom.com/jobs.
Pre-employment screening might be part of the selection process.